Happy Monday. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a great time with my family. We had a birthday celebration for the September birthdays at my Uncle’s house on Saturday. That means lots of good food & laughs. We even spent sometime looking at old family photos, which means lots of cute and funny pictures of Bryan. I know, I know. You are thinking, I said MY family right. Well technically it is Bryan’s family but they are MY family too. I really don’t understand how people say things like “my wife’s family” or “my husband’s family”. I love them just like they are my very own family. So when I say MY family, they ARE MINE.🙂
Every time we get together, we try to all bring something. That way everyone contributes and it is not too much for one person. I decided to make Nana’s strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting which I am not allowed to share. Nana usually makes dessert but since it was her birthday I figured I would make it instead. I also made some quick & delicious Deviled Eggs that no one was able to enjoy because I left them in the fridge and didn’t realize it until I was almost at my Uncle’s house which is a hour away. Don’t you hate when that happens!?!? I am still eating eggs. lol. If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer, deviled eggs is a go to. Just make sure you don’t leave them at home.🙂
(makes 2 dozen eggs)
12 Hard boiled eggs (peeled)
1/2 Cup Mayonaise
2 Tbsp Relish
2 Tbsp Mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp Paprika
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove egg yolk from each egg and place in a bowl.
- Once all yolk is removed, place remain ingredients in the bowl with yolk and mix up until smooth.
- Place yolk mixture into a piping bag and Pipe into each egg half. If you don’t have a piping bag, scoop each mixture into each egg with a spoon.
- Top with desired toppings i.e. bacon, jalapeño, parsley, chives, etc.
- Sprinkle with paprika